Sunday, November 2, 2014

2015 Birthday Month Reading Challenge

I had a brainwave about a reading challenge (well hopefully it's a brainwave and I'm not stealing someone else's idea) so I'm going to host ANOTHER challenge! :)

Rules (And when I say rules please realize I'm one of the most flexible people in existence)

  • First off, this challenge is for EVERYBODY! That means YOU! I want anyone and everyone to join in on the fun!
  • How this challenge works is that each month you read a book by an author who has his or her birthday in that month. So for example in December you could read a book by Jane Austen because her birthday is December 16th and in July you could read a book by J.K. Rowling because her birthday is July 31st. So you will end up reading twelve books all together for this challenge. 
  • At the beginning of each month I will try and post a list of some author with their birthday in that month as a prompt. You should start and finish each book in that month span but if you don't make it that's okay. :) The ultimate goal is to get all twelve books completed before the end of the year. 
  • The challenge officially runs from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. 
  • At THIS POST you can link up your reviews of the books you read for this challenge. That way not only can everyone enjoy other people's review but also that is how I'll keep track of how many books you complete for the drawing at the end (see below). I don't care how short or long your review is. :)
  • Those participating in this challenge will be entered in a drawing for prizes! There will be three winners. The first place winner will get their choice of a book or a literary trinket (costing $20 or less) from Amazon. Second place will have the same option only costing $15 or less and third place the same costing $10 or less.... because I'm a poor nursing student people! ;)
  • All forms of books are allowable including actual book, ebook and audiobook. 
  • If you don't have a blog but still want to participate you can sign up with a comment and use Goodreads for reviews or I suppose even comment on the reviews page with your reviews. I don't want to exclude anyone from joining in the fun. :)
  • You can sign up below with the Linky tool. Registration is open from now right up until the end on December 31, 2015. 

Sign up here!


P.S. Be sure to check out my Hard Core Re-Reading challenge HERE!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

  1. This looks awesome!!! I want to do your re-read challenge too, but I don't know if I'll be able to complete it. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, just so you know, your button says 2014 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I'm going to join the fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This challenge looks fun. I will have a huge challenge post that will go up in late december with all the challenges I plan to participate in 2015. I probably will not read them in the specified month, but I will try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I waited until December but I want to be a little ahead this year. :)
      Thanks for joining up!

      Delete
  5. I'm planning to sign up for this, but I want to get a list / post together first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I added it to my Reading Challenges page. I'm excited!

      Delete
  6. Hi Lois,
    Was over at Bev's place and saw your challenge. I'll be joining up, already posted at my place. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm signing up. Cool reading challenge. Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am signing up. But I do have a question. Can I collaborate your hard core re-reading challenge with this birthday month reading challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to join. But I can't write review in English. Is it OK if I read trasnlated book and write it in my mother language?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I don't care what language it is. :) Good luck!

      Delete
  10. Where is my head??? *LOL* Let me s'plain. I wrote my sign-up post on November 7, but somehow forgot to link it up here! *sheesh* I'm getting old, I guess. Anyway, problem TCO.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to Grayson Living, a furniture company that specializes in high-end contemporary Bedroom Furniture. We also offer custom made furniture and mattresses for the utmost comfort. Our bedroom sets are made with your personal needs in mind, so please feel free to look through our site for more information on what we have available!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...