Monday, August 25, 2014

Bout of Books: Wrap Up

Bout of BooksLast week was Bout of Books and I got a nice hunk of reading done during it! It was my goal to complete five books that week but I completed only four but I think that was still pretty good considering it was my first week of school. I read for a total of 7 ½ hours last week.
I read Val Mcdermid's modern version of Northanger Abbey, which was okay but not at all great. You can read my thoughts about it on Goodreads here.
I also completed re-reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
After long last I finished reading Dickens' Our Mutual Friend (read my review here) and listening to Shakespeare's Hamlet. 
I think I did a decent job overall for my first Bout of Books and I'm looking forward to my next one!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad to hear Northanger Abbey was a disappointment. I've been looking forward to reading the modern retellings, although I haven't had a chance yet. Thanks for the honest review. I'm glad the rest of your Bout of Books reads were better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did have some good points and you still might enjoy it. I don't want to discourage you from reading it. You might enjoy it more than I did. I tend to very much be a classics purist. ;)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...