Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Friday Favorites: Favorite Books of 2014 So Far

I've read some great books so far this year so it was very hard to chose my five favorites but here they are (in no particular order)! :)

  1. Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card... I loved the science fiction, the twist and turns that were always popping up in both books and the great characters.
  2. Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz... I know I've mentioned this book in previous posts but I really enjoyed this quirky book about a man who sees dead people and uses that to solve crimes. 
  3. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.... A very fascinating book that gives lots of food for thought about sin, art and beauty. 
  4. The Warden by Anthony Trollope... Much like a Jane Austen novel, this book talks about money and marriage as well as the church. A fun book but with deep themes woven into it. 
  5. The Children of Húrin by J.R.R. Tolkien... What list is complete without Tolkien? This is a great addition to the Middle Earth saga, expanding on the story of Túrin Turimbar and his sister and their tragic lives. 
I'd highly recommend all of those books as fun and edifying books. :) Links will take you to my reviews of them.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Ender's Game has been more noticeable recently with the film, and I'm not sure if I'd ever want to try it, but the fact you enjoyed it a lot helps towards swaying me. I also really want to read The Picture of Dorian Gray, the pretense and whole sound of it sounds fantastic, so I'll have to put that higher on my list now! Great list hun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd say the movie wasn't as good as the book but still enjoyable. I am very much "the book was better then the movie" kind of person though. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read any Tolkien. I really need to give his books a chance. I love Jane Austen, so if a book has a similar feel to some of hers I'll try it, so just added The Warden to my ever growing TBR! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. :) Tolkien isn't always easy to read but in my opinion it is always worth it. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of these books yet, but I am hoping to read Ender's Game and The Picture of Dorian Gray in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...