Monday, September 2, 2013

Monthly Resolutions- September 2013

I made it simple last month and I am going to make it simple again this month.

Read through 1&2 Thessalonians, 1&2 Timothy, and Titus

I look at that and notice that they all begin with T... because I always notice the important details first. ;)

Read or Re-Read at least three books

That seems like such a minuscule amount as compared to what I normally will read per month but with school I don't want to overwhelm myself. 

Write a blog post per week

I'm going to try to keep up with my blog a little more. I hope this won't drag me away from my studying. 

Pray daily

Same as last month. I want to make a daily habit of praying.

STUDY!!!

This nursing school thing is hard and time consuming. I want my goal to be that I study for AT LEAST four hours daily (except Sunday). If it is the day after the test or something like that I'll take it down to two hours. I want a total of at least 24 hours studying time per week. I've just got to dedicate myself and keep at it. 

Become more organized

I've made a lot of progress with this. Last year I forced myself to keep some sort of a calendar to keep track of when school things were due. Now that I have an iPhone I set reminders and make to do lists. What I have the most trouble with though is keeping track of things outside of school. I have a confession to make, I missed a doctor's appointment... because I forgot to put it on my calendar! I felt really dumb and I'm resolved never to do such a thing anymore. In the past I have always relied on my mom but with being at school so much I don't really communicate with her a lot. And, as she has told me many times, she can't keep track of everything that all nine of us are doing. I just need to take a little responsibility for my own time. I have come up with a plan to keep a daily word document diary and then a weekly word document diary. This was roundaboutly inspired by Hayley at Victorious Heroine. We'll see how it goes. 

So all the same goals with one new one. I really think that since doing these monthly resolutions that I have done a much better job of getting things done and trying new things. So even if you aren't much of a goal maker, you might want to try this... maybe just do weekly goals and see how that works out. 

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...